More on Error Reporting
Please refrain from reporting errors in each folder until V5 of the beta patch is up. Many of the errors reported will be fixed, as well as the errors that testers have yet to report. Only report errors if they are misc. or what the heroine says.
(I have deleted the original post to avoid confusion. All pertinent information in regards to error testing will be here. The main thing I wanted to add are these two points.
- Please post the errors under the correct page. Correct meaning to who the error involves, not who you are testing. If you are testing a Saeki, but find a Shiba error, post it on Shiba`s page. If, however, you find another error in the same script, you can group those errors together. Example:
Shiba: Who is thay person?
Saeki: Noone important.
I understand that some of you don`t want to spam the blog with multiple comments, which is why you group all the errors you find together, but it actually makes it more difficult for us, since we have to weed through your error report to find what we`ve done incorrectly.
- Please check to see if anyone else has already posted the same error you found.
- Please mention which version of the patch you have.
- Skinships are not translated. That means that when you initiate it (be it on a date, or during a CG), the heroine`s, and character’s response will be in Japanese.
- Please use the report for, or something similar, as given by the guidelines
- We will be editing peoples` error reports, putting a strike through the things we’ve corrected.
- READ THIS NOTE: There are times when there aren`t full stops at the end of a sentence. We mean for things like (When the heroine is thinking something, which shows in brackets). You don`t have to report a lack of a full stop at the end of a single sentence, UNLESS it is followed by another sentence
(I think I’ll have some ice-cream today)
This is fine. There`s no need to report it, with or without a full stop after the word ‘today’.
(I think I’ll have some ice-cream today
I`ll go buy some at the store)
(I think I’ll have some ice-cream today I’ll go buy some at the store)
Both of the above are not fine. There should be a full stop after the word ‘today’.
V4 of the beta patch is up, yes, I do know about the error with Chris’s name on the exam sheet, please do not report it, I’m still trying to figure out what’s wrong with it. This patch is just to get passed the Amachi freeze, please do not report errors that others have already reported, thank you 🙂
Please report errors with the evaluation window. I know for a fact that text overflows in that section, but no one’s reporting it(only two reports on it).
Some things that appears to be questions, aren’t really questions. They don’t always end in a question mark because of the character. Like… “What do you think you’re doing.” it depends on the character and their tone of voice that will tell you whether or not they’re really asking a question. That and the Japanese scripts. So if you see something in the script like, “You’re joking, right.” think of the character and listen to their tone of voice, cause they may not really be asking, thus, no need for a question mark. We can tell because there won’t really be a question mark in the Japanese scripts, sometimes we simply forget, but please keep this in mind.